Governors and Staff Team > School Leadership
The leadership and management of the school is rated as "outstanding" by OFSTED. The school encourages everyone to view themselves as having a role to play in this, from the Headteacher, Governors and teachers, all the way through to the pupils.
Chair of Governors – Mrs Linda Day Vice Chair of Governors – Mr Chris Grant. Governors set overall school strategy and act as ‘critical friends’ to the school. The school’s governing body brings a range of expertise to these roles
Mr Damian Knollys is our Headteacher.
Deputy and Assistant Headteachers
- Mrs Dando (Deputy Head) leads the school in their assessment procedures. She has a shared responsibility for the Curriculum, Teaching and Learning.
- Miss Marchington (Deputy Head) leads CPD and has a shared responsibility for the Curriculum, Teaching and Learning.
- Mrs Tombs (Assistant Headteacher) leads the school in safeguarding and inclusion. She is responsible for pupils with special educational needs, child protection and provision for all vulnerable groups. She is also responsible for the work with gifted, talented and able pupils.)
The school has a senior leadership team of teachers with responsibility for core subjects and/or Key Stages. All of the school’s teachers, other than those newly qualified, hold leadership responsibility for an area of the curriculum.
- Mrs Newman is Senior Leader: Foundation Stage
- Miss Pierce is Senior Leader: KS1
- Mrs Hamey is Senior Leader: Lower KS2
- Mr Lyle is Senior Leader: Upper KS2
Pupils in Leadership Roles
Children in our school take part in a wide range of roles where they develop their skills of leadership, teamwork, co-operation and support for others. All children have this opportunity through OUR TIME and other teams for example:
- Pupil Voice (The School Council). Each class from Y1 to Y6 elects a representative to serve on Pupil Voice. Pupil Voice plays a major role in the school making decisions on many matters and managing the annual programme of support for charities.
- Green Team (The Environmental Team). These are the school’s leaders on energy conservation and all environmental matters. They are also involved in leading the school’s gardening and forest school activities.
- School Captains play the important roles of ‘playground buddies’. Each captain is also attached to a younger class within the school supporting them in assemblies and for special activities during the year.
- Bistro Buddies (Dining Hall Leaders) support children at lunchtimes ensuring an enjoyable experience for their ‘customers’ and an efficient ‘bistro’.
- ANTS (Assemblies Need Technical Support) manage the music, lighting and projections for school assemblies, school productions and other events
- Head Boy and Head Girl together with the Deputy Head Girl and Boy act as pupil ambassadors for the school. They host visitors explaining the workings of the school from a pupil perspective and represent the school at community functions such as Remembrance Day
- House Captains lead their teams during competitive events such as Sports Day and end of term competitions.
- Treasure Seekers are our Pupil Librarians and help Mrs Trueman at lunchtime to keep our library tidy and well organised. If they are in Y4-Y6 they also issue books to their fellow classmates.