Our Irresistible Curriculum
We recognise that our school's curriculum comprises of all learning and other experiences that we plan and offer to our pupils. The National Curriculum forms only one part of this and we have embraced the freedoms offered to provide children with truly irresistible learning opportunities.
At Peasedown St John we call the school curriculum “The Irresistible Curriculum” as we aim to provide learning opportunities for children which engage and inspire them to reach their full potential. We achieve this in a variety of ways including:
- Engaging contexts for learning eg which reflect real life or follow children’s interests
- Using different locations e.g taking learning outside or going on visits
- Making good use of local and national events e.g. the school’s centenary or Remembrance Day
- OUR TIME – where all children are part of teams which make a positive contribution to school life
- Offering a wide range of clubs and extended opportunities
- Providing “Essential Experiences” such as public speaking or poetry competitions, living history days, opportunities to work with artists or visiting a place of worship
In providing an “Irresistible Curriculum”, which includes the National Curriculum, we aim for children to have the best possible opportunities to become:
- Successful, independent, lifelong learners - who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve high standards.
- Confident, creative individuals - who are able to live healthy, happy, fulfilling lives.
- Responsible citizens - who make apositive contribution.
Please follow the curriculum areas below to find out more about the curriculum for each subject; or follow these links to each year group' s curriculum.