The government have spent over £450 million on improving physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools since 2013-14 and has been crucial in developing and promoting activity among the children.
Schools can choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- hire specialistPEteachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons
- support and involve the least active children by running school sports clubs
- provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers
- run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in PE and sports
- run sports activities with other schools
As part of the MSN cluster group and School Sports Partnerhip, Peasedown St John often meet with other schools to seek the best use of the grant in order to maximise impact.
Sport's grant 2015-2016
We have invested a lot of our time and money into raising the profile of sport and activity across the whole school. We have used our sports grant effectively to enhance the success, participation and enjoyment of sport using a wide range of resources, trained staff and essential experiences.
If you would like to view how we have used our grant for the academic year please find attached a summary of what we have spent our money on and the impact gained.
There is also a summary of all the events that the children have attended throughout the year. It has been another successful year for sport in Peasedown St John.